KBC Group’s Digital Development Center (DDC) is our newly established agile IT business center in Varna, Bulgaria. The DDC offers you a unique opportunity to join the exciting world of digital bank- insurance, explore the agile way of work and become part of a leading EU Banking Group. With our 41,000 talented employees, we at KBC Group aspire every day to enable and protect the dreams of our clients.
DDC is where classical IT meets digital banking – an international meeting place for cross-country collaboration and idea creation!
In Bulgaria, KBC Group is one of largest foreign investors, where we operate under the leading brands of UBB (Banking), DZI (Insurance) and SSC (Shared Services).
What does this job entail:
Phishing e-mails that scam clients, fake websites that appear to be a perfect copy of the original, stealing access codes through counterfeit apps on smartphones, hacking into e-mail accounts…
These are just a few examples of the challenges you face every day as Information Security Officer in the KBC cyber security team. As Information Security Officer you try to anticipate all this – in the interest of our clients and of our own business.
What you will be doing as a Business Information Security Officer?
As Information Security Officer, you insure that customers can use our services securely. Colleagues are trusting your advice regarding cyber- and information security for any innovations and initiatives. By anticipating threats, we retain our customers' trust in our services and continue to innovate in a safe manner.
Together with a team of fellow Information Security Officers, you are responsible for the following tasks:
- You will perform security assessments for our most important applications, by using a questionnaire that checks controls and validate evidence.
- You will do this in collaboration with several business parties, and present your findings directly to senior management
- You will regularly assess the security posture of the 3 parties that we work with, to make sure our data is handled securely
- You will screen and approve exceptions to certain policies (e.g. Access to certain sites) requested by internal employees
What we expect from our candidates:
- You have a bachelor or master degree related to IT or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in cyber security.
- You have a CISSP, CISM or comparable IT security certificate, or are willing to obtain a CISSP certificate.
- You know how to translate technical cyber and security topics into added value for our business
- You constantly brush up on your knowledge and keep a close eye on new threats.
- You have a proactive approach.
- You have a fresh and at the same time critical view.
- You take ownership to insure that risks are handled efficiently
- You have Experience with communication to senior management
- You speak and write English fluently.
Our KBC Benefits:
- Work/Life Balance - 25 Days annual paid holidays; regular team buildings and Winter/Summer parties
- An international and highly diverse work atmosphere
- Hybrid way of work - Flexible working hours with a tailored combination of the office/home-office setting
- Exceptional range of trainings, development opportunities and programs – Leadership Development Program, Internal Academies that encourage internal rotation, several learning platforms, language courses and professional trainings
- Exclusive terms for use of products and services for you for KBC Group companies in Bulgaria (banking services, loans, life and non-life insurance etc.)
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Referral program - Refer your friends and get rewarded
- Personal Care - Additional medical insurance and pension plan
- Spot Awards to make you shine - Employee of the month, Employee of the Year, Exceptional achievements and others
- Other remarkable benefits such as marriage and child birth bonuses, discount on products and services of various providers and many more third party offers
As Belgium's largest banking and insurance company, we work every day on ideas and solutions that help our customers and our society move forward. We are driven and have the ambition to be the reference in the financial sector. Help us to make a difference. And the future.
Do you want to make a difference? Let us hear from you! We look forward to your application. #JoinCreateInnovate