Fourth is no ordinary product software company. We pride ourselves on unique cloud-based SaaS used by several million users which enables hotels, restaurants, bars, and pubs to improve efficiency and save money whether they're buying stock, scheduling staff, or creating recipes.
We are now looking for a Technical Architect to join our growing R&D hub in Sofia.
The role is instrumental to the continuing success of Fourth by leading the architectural design of our products and working with agile teams to deliver a technical vision and roadmap that supports Fourth’s business strategy.
The Technical architect will be joining an established team of architects, based in London and Sofia and led by the Principal Architect.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Strategic Thinking – the Technical Architect needs to understand how a piece of code or module fits into a system’s architectural roadmap and provides a team with a clear and robust solution design. As a vital role in Fourth, the Architect is able to guide and influence the selection of technology, and at the same time to effectively weigh up risks and benefits in making recommendations.
· Passionate about Technology – you need understanding of technology, what makes great software and become one of the go-to people at Fourth for technical consultancy providing sound advice and direction on any software engineering challenges or issues. You have to have a broad understanding of development methodologies and a deep understanding of your chosen area of expertise.
· Delivery Focused – delivering solutions on time and to the very highest quality standards requires people who can effectively manage their own time and contribute to the creation and execution of plans, that manage risks in delivery.
· Great with People – writing great software or designing a brilliant solution is only half the job of a Technical Architect, we need individuals who can inspire the teams they work with and be a role model across the Technology Division. This role requires someone who can bring a team behind an idea and make it happen. This includes communicating complex designs and software engineering concepts to all levels of Fourth, making them relevant to the audience.
· Technical Expertise – a Technical Architect provides hands-on technical leadership for teams such as producing a proof of concept or reviewing an existing solution. You will need to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft development stack and integration technologies, techniques and protocols.
· Solid understanding of the end-to-end Software Development Lifecycle, including architecture, design, development, implementation and support
· Solid, diverse experience in information technologies, including creation and support of multiple different infrastructure architectures (network, server, desktop, security)
· Experience in designing and implementing modern distributed systems, establishing and managing intersystem relationships
· Experience in designing and creation of prototypes and architecture models
· Experience or deep knowledge of agile software development methodology
· Experience in applying quality standards and best practices
· Knowledge of DevOps practices and applying them in the delivery process
· Fluent English
Benefits and Culture:
· 25+ days off, as well as birthday day off and 4 charity days off per year
· Flexible start and end of the working day and hybrid working mode, including a combination remote and in the office
· Personal career development plan, learning paths and mentorship
· Team-centric atmosphere
· Competitive salary package
· Encouraging healthy lifestyle and work-life balance including supplemental health insurance
· New parents bonus scheme
Help us change an entire industry with an accelerated need for quick digital transformation. Join our R&D hub in Sofia as Technical Architect.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.