The Data engineers will be an integral part of the newly formed data science department at Fourth. Their role fits into our broader data science community together with data scientists. The main role of data engineer will be to (1) maintain and develop the modelling environment and (2) deploy and monitor the ML models.
Your daily job will include:
· Ensuring that the cloud-based modelling environment is up and running
· Ensuring all data is available in the right format and reliable quality as well as all modelling tools (mainly Python and related packages) are in place.
· Deployment of the ML models developed by colleagues in the data science team - this includes dockerisation of ML pipelines, code review, optimization of the code for speed and memory requirements, deployment to the IT platform (microservice architecture)
· Writing proprietary packages / frameworks to be used for internal purposes to make the standard tasks easier (such as data load, model testing, exploratory data analysis, etc.).
· A/B testing and monitoring of the models in production
Experience and competencies required:
· Hands-on experience (2+ years) with building data-powered solutions.
· Hands-on experience with the development, deployment and monitoring of data and machine learning solutions in production.
· Very strong coding skills (clean and commented code, version control, documentation), experience with the database administration (design, etl, query optimisation) and development skills (dev/uat/prod environments, automated testing and deployment).
· Hands-on experience with data lakes (HDFS, Snowflake and similar), feature stores (SQL-like databases) – design of new features, adding new data sources from API and other services, database design, query optimization, distributed computing, performance optimization.
· Hands-on experience with DataOps and MLOps – namely development, testing, deployment and monitoring of data and ML solutions; using tools like MLFlow, KubeFlow, AirFlow or similar; Git and Docker.
· Hands-on experience with feature engineering and data pipelines using Python, SQL and similar tools.
· Experience with larger data sets and production environments.
Benefits and Culture:
· Personal career development plan, learning paths and mentorship
· Team centric atmosphere
· Competitive salary package
· Brilliant working conditions
· Encouraging healthy lifestyle and work-life balance
· Extra paid vacation days after the probation period
· Supplemental health insurance
· Fruit and healthy drinks in the office
· New parents bonus scheme
· Discounts at Capital Fort facilities
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.