Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we are developing a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, unmanned and extremely fuel efficient. It can transport 350 KG over 2,500 KM for a cost that's at least 50% lower than other airplanes. It flies autonomously, can be monitored and managed remotely via satellite, and the whole system costs less than a sports car. This is the kind of technology that can transform whole economies.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
We are starting with domestic air networks in Europe, Australia and Canada with fleets of the Black Swan, taking advantage of the multitude of small airfields that are often unused, training local personnel as drone and logistics operators, and partnering with local industry to provide a valuable lifeline of getting goods in and out of small, remote, mountainous and/or island communities within hours at a cost that is often below even that of road transportation.
We believe that same-day shipping should be a human right, and our goal is to enable same-day deliveries for every single person on the planet at a cost that everyone everywhere can afford.
CAD Engineer is responsible for the creation of 3D models of the aircraft components to ensure precision to the smallest details. You will go through a general process of planning and development to the design and manufacture of products. Your role is multidisciplinary, and you will be working closely with other design engineers, as well as with colleagues across a number of functions, including production, avionics, testing, and operations. Given the frequency of international partnerships, communication skills and foreign language command are both very important, and needless to say the ability to work as part of a team is crucial.
- Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 3D and 2D CAD tools.
- Interact with other design engineers and engineers from other department to obtain critical design information necessary to complete project within intended time frame.
- Update and maintain product design files.
- Train and guide the Production team on engineered design and working closely with external manufacturers.
- Carry out trials and experiments for the first prototype if necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Civil or other related)
- 2 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in a CAD package (3DExperience, CATIA, NX, Creo, Solidworks)
- Kinematics and Dynamics Simulation experience in ANSYS, CATIA, NX or similar software
- Experience in preparing CAD files for simulations
- Experience in detailed CAD design for manufacturing
- Knowledge in Drafting of engineering parts and assemblies
- Experience in working with composite materials
- Understanding of Aircraft Mechanics
- Proficient use of Excel
- Fluency in English (verbal/written)
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
If you’re interested, please apply by sending us your CV and Cover Letter. We are always looking for people who want to grow our business and nurture our culture and we’d love to hear more about you in your cover letter. Rather than ask you for the same old standard letter, we are very interested in the following things:
What excites you about our business opportunity?
Why are you our number one pick for this role?
What about you makes you ideally suited to a startup environment?
What is your understanding of an inclusive work culture?
We are looking forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance for considering a career at Dronamics. We’ll be in touch to arrange an interview if we think that there is a potential fit, but if you don’t hear from us please contact us again if you see us post other opportunities that interest you in the future.