Our team at DRONAMICS is developing the world’s first unmanned cargo airplane that can transport 350 kg over 2,500 km. We believe it will transform aviation and will have a tremendously positive impact on the lives of millions of people in emerging markets and beyond.
We have achieved significant industry recognition for our work and are supported by some of the top experts in the fields of aerospace engineering and logistics worldwide. We (yes, we — a tiny company from Bulgaria) are widely recognized as the world’s leading cargo drone developer, have won a number of international awards, and in 2018 we became IATA’s first Strategic Partner for drones worldwide.
Awards, as nice as they are, are not what matters to us. What we want is to achieve our mission — to democratize airfreight, and this will take a Lot of (exciting) work. As we gear up our efforts, we're in the process of rapidly expanding the team and are Looking for a number of experienced professionals, among them:
Mechanical engineers are responsible for the calculations, analysis, design and development of mechanical parts and mechanisms of new aircraft and their control systems. Your role is multidisciplinary, and you will be working closely with other design engineers, as well as with colleagues across a number of functions, including production, avionics, testing, and operations. Given the frequency of international partnerships, communication skills and foreign language command are both very important, and needless to say the ability to work as part of a team is crucial.
- Design and develop mechanical parts and mechanisms for the UAV's control systems
- Create corresponding documentation for these mechanisms
- Facilitate production of details and working closely with external manufacturers
- Working closely with engineers from different disciplines in very dynamic environment
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate
- 2years relevant experience
- Understanding of Aircraft Mechanics
- Proficiency ina CAD package (3DExperience, CATIA, NX, Creo, Solidworks)
- Kinematics and Dynamics Simulation experience in ANSYS, CATIA, NX or similar software
- Mechanisms and Mechatronics, machine elements understanding and experience in development of such systems
- Fundamental knowledge of Machining and Manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge in Drafting of engineering parts and assemblies
- Proficient use of Excel
- Fluency in English (verbal/written)
Good to have
- Experience using MatLab
- Experience using MSC Adams
- Experience in working with composite materials
- LOTS of opportunities for personal and professional growth, incl. outside of Bulgaria
- TONS of work, ZERO office politics
- Full-time labor contract, motivating remuneration
- Numerous benefits, incl. a training budget and a sports card
- Achance to define a whole industry
IF you're interested, apply by sending us your CV and Cover Letter. IF you're the candidate we're Looking for, you won't send us the same Cover Letter you send other companies (we know MS Word has “Find and Replace”). You will, instead, recognize that there’s only three things we care about: 1) Why You? 2) Why Now? 3) What's the three-digit number corresponding to the number of words in this ad?