Our team is looking for software engineers interested in the research, design, and implementation of innovative vSphere projects focused on offloading network processing to SmartNICs (Project Monterey), enable efficient usage and management of next-generation disaggregated HW, and enhancing autonomous operation and availability of data centers.
You will have the opportunity to work on VMW’s flagman product using multiple languages (C++, Python) and different modern technologies. You will actively participate in all the stages of the software process – requirements analyses, design, implementation, unit and integration tests.
- You will be a part of a software development team, working in collaboration with product management, quality engineering and technical publications teams to develop high-quality software products
- You will analyze product requirements
- You will create functional, architecture and design specifications
- You will write and support code and perform code reviewsRequirements:
- Proficiency in C++
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge in data structures and algorithms- Good understanding of the main operating systems concepts: processes, memory management
- Experience with profiling and debugging tools
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Willing to innovate, learn and share knowledge
- 9+ years overall technology experience in a software development related role
A plus will be:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Python
- SQL knowledge
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.