totemo is a Swiss Cyber security software manufacturer and has been established in the IT market for almost 20 years. We stand for secure electronic communications in business environments.
We are expanding and setting up a site in Bulgaria, the new colleagues will be working in a team with the engineers in our headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.
For our offices in Sofia, Bulgaria, we are therefore looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the team and work with us on our enterprise cyber security solutions in use by more than 1’500 customers all over the world. If you are passionate about technology, always seeking to learn and improve your skillset, you are the type of person we are looking for!
Your main responsibilities include
- Deliver tactical and strategic improvements to large scale cyber security products based on Java / Java EE
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify complex systems
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common standards and frameworks
- Translate software requirements into working solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Implement a product lifecycle: Design, development, quality, deployment and maintenance
- Design and adhere to best practices for developing security applications
- Contribute continuously in order to improve the performance and collaboration of the team
- Collaborate in a distributed team across borders
Projects you will be working on
totemo ensures the secure exchange of information since 2001. With our three product lines, we protect email communication and file transfers through encryption, placing special emphasis on maximum user-friendliness – naturally also on mobile devices.
- totemomail® – Secure Communication using Email Encryption and Anti-Malware
- totemodata® – Secure, Centralized Data Exchange
- totemomobile® – Encrypt emails on mobile devices and securely share files on the go
Moreover, we are constantly working on projects involving exciting and innovative technologies.
Who you are
You have a passion for software development and are keen on solving difficult problems with the ability to solve them creatively and effectively. You are looking for a challenge where you can pursue your interest in cyber security and cryptography across functions and geographies.
As a highly motivated self-starter with good time management skills, you value lean and agile principles to achieve positive outcomes. Your great communication skills and fluent English will allow you to work well in a distributed, multi-national team.
You have a university degree in computer science, engineering or other related fields and 5+ years of work experience in Java development.
Additional skills and experience that you bring
- Have successfully developed applications using Java EE platforms and frameworks like JCA/JCE, JSF and PrimeFaces
- Practical experience in the design, planning, development and deployment of multi-dimensional cloud applications
- Expert skills in DB Schema design and SQL development as well as excellent knowledge of SQL
- Have deployed solutions on different operating systems
These skills and experiences are considered a plus
- Experience with different technologies such as Spring, Spring MVC, CDI, Struts
- Mobile Software Development
- Software Architecture
What we offer
- Versatile and challenging task in a medium-sized, international team (the current engineering team has eight members, which we are planning to extend with five more people in Sofia)
- Full-time, long-term role with a local employer owned by a Swiss company with well-known customers worldwide
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- Modern and collaborative working environment at the Work & Share Coworking space in Sofia
- Annual paid leave of 20 days and an eight-hour workday
- Additional health insurance and a MultiSport card upon request
More information about totemo and our team
The Development team uses Scrum and works with modern as well as well-established development processes in order to be agile and innovative, but also meet our customers’ expectations. We issue up to two major product releases per year and work on eight-week sprints. Each sprint is comprised of six weeks of development and two weeks of testing.
We are proud to deliver value to more than 3.5 million users in 1'500 companies and organizations across all industries around the world, ranging from major corporations to small and medium enterprises.