PPD is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. As the world leader in serving science, our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We are excited about the opportunities this combination brings to enhance our comprehensive end-to-end offering, enabling customers to move rapidly from scientific idea to approved medicine
PPD clinical research services’ mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Under general direction, the Financial Systems Analyst will develop, implement, and maintain integrity and efficient processing of all financial, payroll, and procurement systems. This includes troubleshooting problems, automating, and streamlining all current processes, and recommending alternative solutions as needed. This position is critical to the effectiveness and smooth operations of the systems daily. Also provides project management and leadership, analysis, testing, and implementation support for financial projects including upgrades and enhancements.
Main Duties include:
- Oracle Cloud – SAAS ERP Production Support/Sustainment, Rollouts in a dynamic environment
- System Configuration, Test Strategies and User Training
- Develop/Support/Maintain Oracle OTBI, BIP, FRC, Smart View Reports
- Develop/Support/Maintain ADFDI, API, Integrations, FBDI
- Experience of supporting integrations such as Treasury/banks with ERP cloud
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities, financial statements and Sub-Ledger close in ERP
- Support business as usual and resolve interface exceptions, accounting errors within system in collaboration with the business.
- Monitors processes, system administration and ensure internal controls
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science or IT
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6 years') or equivalent combination of education, training and experience Oracle and Cloud experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials, Oracle SQL, Lawson Financials, or ImageNow would be an advantage, as will familiarity with reporting tools and relational database concepts (such as SQL+ and MS Access)
- End-to-end Oracle ERP implementation experience (2 years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced understanding of finance system
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, particularly executive levels of management
- Ability to provide positive end-user support across a global ERP system and global end-users
- Ability to develop and deliver training programs for financial applications
- Oracle cloud ERP – Financials Implementation, upgrade, maintenance and support experience. (R2R, P2P, C2C cycles)
- Should have thorough knowledge and hands on experience on GL, AP, AR, FA, TAX, PPM, AGIS, CM, Procurement, Inventory
- Knowledge on user securities, data access, roles and functional security policies.
- Thorough knowledge on Subledger reconciliation and SLA rule engine.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them to Oracle Cloud solutions.
- Strong ability to coach, suggest best practices and help team/business to take correct decisions related to Oracle Cloud - Financials
- Understanding organizational adherence to accounting and regulatory requirements, ensuring timely system closure every Month/Qtr./Year
- Understanding of Oracle cloud OTBI, BIP, SmartView and FRC reporting
- Understanding of FBDI, ADFDI and Interface development best practices and how to support these activities
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity applications (such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio).
- Ability to identify, document and develop new processes that produce positive contributions to PPDI profitability either through revenue growth or future expense avoidance
- Knowledge with data mining or reporting tools and an understanding of relational database concepts (such as SQL+, Lawson Add-ins, Microsoft Access, Toad, Crystal Reports)
- Must be able to multi-task and provide close attention to detail while managing conflicting priorities
- Ability to positively contribute to a team atmosphere and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as demonstrated by the ability to identify the source of a problem and determine the appropriate solutions; resolve and prioritize sensitive problems
- Demonstrated ability to independently and effectively organize and manage multiple projects with challenging timelines, resources, and budgets.
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to handle confidential data appropriately.
What We Offer:
· Learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential
· Extensive benefits package based around the health and well- being of our employees
· Competitive salary
· Flexible working culture with work- life balance and possibility for remote working
· Collaborative and friendly environment
· Global exposure and opportunity to work on international assignments
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.