PPD is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. As the world leader in serving science, our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We are excited about the opportunities this combination brings to enhance our comprehensive end-to-end offering, enabling customers to move rapidly from scientific idea to approved medicine.
PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for medical information specialists for its growing Medical Communications department.
Start a career you will enjoy! Join a team of energetic healthcare professionals supporting one or more pharmaceutical/biotech companies.
As a front-line specialist in our medical information contact center you will represent PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific and the client(s) by providing concise, accurate and non-promotional information regarding the client’s medicinal products or devices to healthcare professionals and patients.
Your typical day consists of:
- Receiving medical information enquiries through various communication channels and documenting them in the appropriate database
- Triaging and responding to the medical enquiries using client approved resources
- Identifying, capturing, reporting, and following up on adverse events and product complaints in compliance with established timelines and organizational, client and regulatory guidelines
- Maintaining and demonstrating advanced knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures
- Attending team and client meetings
- Performing assigned peer quality reviews
- Performing other ad-hoc activities according to PPD and client procedures
What is required?
- A degree in a scientific discipline or life science degree e.g. Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biology, Psychology, Veterinary medicine or similar
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Capability to efficiently use computer systems (hardware and software)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service oriented - compassionate, empathetic, patient
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional manner in challenging circumstances
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.