PPD is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. As the world leader in serving science, our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We are excited about the opportunities this combination brings to enhance our comprehensive end-to-end offering, enabling customers to move rapidly from scientific idea to approved medicine
PPD clinical research services’ mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
This role will be based in the accounts payable department with the possibility of promotion into other areas of the team/finance as qualifications and accounting knowledge develop.
Main Duties include:
- Ensuring post (finance) is distributed to correct person;
- Ensuring faxes are distributed to the correct person;
- Sending intercompany backup (coded invoices) to our accounts assistant in Scotland in a timely manor;
- Assisting in pulling back up from filing for external/internal queries;
- Provide backup when auditors are present in finance;
- Look after AP process key freight vendors, registering, coding and gaining approval ready for payment;
- Control the filing, ensuing that everything is filed in a timely manner and archiving on a regular basis to clear space;
- Ensure relevant files are ready at month end such as the journal file;
- Helping the team in busy times with invoice and expense entry.
Required Education and Experience:
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in breaking into the finance world;
- Will possess good Excel skills;
- Have the ability to prioritize and organize their work;
- AAT study would be supported after twelve months.
What we offer:
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD clinical research services you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.