At Payhawk, we’re building the financial system of tomorrow. Our mission is to simplify company spending and empower every business to reach its full potential by automating its payments and back-office work. We help finance teams manage credit cards, payments, expenses, cash, and invoices in one integrated experience. Our credit card and enterprise software power some of the most innovative and fast-growing businesses, like LuxAir, Scalable Capital, Flink, Gtmhub, Viking Life, and many more.
Our teams are based in London, Berlin, Sofia, Barcelona, Paris, and Amsterdam — and we’re growing. We’ve raised more than $140M in funding from the same investors as Stripe, Klarna, N26, Robinhood, Revolut, and Nubank. Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
To achieve our visionary goals, we are scaling up our robust engineering team and looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to meet the compelling challenges we face. Our product consists of many services that are not limited to a single technology so it’s important that you are technology agnostic and eager to learn new stuff. You’ll be responsible for delivering entire, highly complex features to production. As part of a team of talented and highly experienced individuals, you’ll have the opportunity to shape everything. Our goal is to produce the best solution for our customers.
Being part of the Payhawk team means that you’ll be developing a world-class product in the fast-growing fintech industry. We deliver an exceptional solution, and to continue doing so, we seek out the top 1% engineering talent.
- Lead the build of new product features, and the enhancement, and maintenance of existing ones
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle and have a key role in effective architecture design and implementation
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to capture requirements and get a very good business perspective on the features being implemented
- Write highly scalable, high-performance, and maintainable code
- Ensure code testability, code coverage, continuous integration, and backward compatibility
- Participate in code reviews
- Advanced programing experience and superior knowledge of programing languages and technologies (NodeJs, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud, React, React Native, Apache Kafka, PlantUML)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with agile processes, continuous delivery, and continuous integration
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Exceptional integrity and work ethic
- Competitive compensation package between 7,000 and 10,500 BGN gross based on experience
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Two weeks exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Additional medical care
- Company office massages
- Personal assistant service
- Campus X membership benefits
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product (that is, essentially, built by you)