For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Mission of the role
GFK is looking for an experienced Automation Quality Engineer who thoroughly understands the building of modern applications using the latest technologies.
The best fit for the role will be one who can be hands-on with the details but is interested in the broader picture and the end-to-end product quality.
As a Software Test Engineer you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Create and execute test plans.
- Automate application tests using BDD and C#/Java/JS/TypeScript
- Work according to Scrum methodologies
- Help the team create well-defined testable acceptance criteria
- Help other team members share the responsibility of designing and performing tests
- Collaborate with product owners, have an understanding of what to test and deliver
- Work closely with developers during implementation to ensure appropriate type and levels of testing
- Contribute to communities of practice through brown bag sessions or PoC projects
Now that you know what a Software Test Engineer does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- At least 3+ years of experience in QA and test automation.
- Experience with C#/Java or any other OOP language.
- Experience with API testing - load and stress testing
- Ability to analyze requirements and design specifications in preparation of test cases.
- Willingness to learn quickly and handle new challenges.
- Mentor junior members of the team to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Proficient English level (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- A team player with experience in diverse multicultural environments.
It would be a great addition if you have:
- Any testing certification.
- Experience with Cypress.
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- Flexible working hours and home office
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.