Festo is a worldwide leader in automation technology headquartered in Germany. We are always coming up with creative process solutions that bring product ideas to life. As an employer, we do everything in our power to ensure that visionary ideas are transformed into practice. What we do expect from you? Think outside of the box. Try new things. Bring your own idea. Take advantage of the creative freedom, the wide variety of development opportunities and the access to the best practice. In short: Face new challenges. As an Engineer and part of the production team in the passionate working world of Festo.
With reference to our growing Technical Engineering Center Sofia (TEC Sofia) currently we are looking for
SW Engineer HiL (Hardware-in-the-Loop)
• Responsible for development and optimization of model-based test systems to support the development of Festo products and especially for functional safety products;
• Systematic modeling of pneumatic and electric drive systems;
• Model design and programming of model interfaces;
• Setup of real-time simulators for Hardware-in-the-Loop systems (HiL);
• Analysis of control unit software regarding test requirements from specifications and requirements documentation;
• Close cooperation with HQ team for model-based testing to maintain and further develop standards;
• Establish Festo standards in the field of model-based testing within the projects;
Technical Competencies and Requirements:
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Cybernetics, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics or similar field;
• Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge in German language will be considered as a strong advantage;
Professional Competencies and Requirements:
• Proven professional experience in the area of rapid control prototyping or Hardware-in-the-Loop;
• Proven professional experience in the field of dynamic system modelling;
• Experience in the development or testing of functional safety products;
• Experience in modelling and code generation using Matlab / Simulink;
• Deep knowledge in mechatronic testing and Continuous Integration;
• Good knowledge of source code management and ALM tools;
Personal Competencies and Requirements:
• Capable of making fast decisions and taking the responsibility for the results in dynamic and changing environment;
• Oriented towards goals achieving and results;
• Focused on the added value for the internal and/or external clients;
• Team player, able to work in a multicultural working environment;
• Thinking out of the box, creativity and continuous improvement attitude;
• Flexible, adaptable, open to meet the change and acquire new knowledge and skills.
The Company offers:
• Motivating compensation and social benefits package;
• Opportunity to work on a diversity of projects in the fields of industrial automation, robotics and digitalization;
• Professional development and learning opportunities in high technology and production environment.
In case your professional qualification corresponds to the above requirements and you wish to join our growing team, please send us your CV and a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Your documents and personal data will be treated as confidential and will be protected according to Bulgarian Data Protection Legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).