Our team at DRONAMICS is developing the world’s first unmanned cargo airplane that can transport 350 kg over 2,500 km. We believe it will transform aviation and will have a tremendously positive impact on the lives of millions of people in emerging markets and beyond.
We have achieved significant industry recognition for our work and are supported by some of the top experts in the fields of aerospace engineering and logistics worldwide. We (yes, we — a tiny company from Bulgaria) are widely recognized as the world’s leading cargo drone developer, have won a number of international awards, and in 2018 we became IATA’s first Strategic Partner for drones worldwide.
Awards, as nice as they are, are not what matters to us. What we want is to achieve our mission – to democratize airfreight, and this will take a lot of (exciting) work. As we gear up our efforts, we’re in the process of rapidly expanding the team and are looking for a number of experienced professionals, among them:
Avionics engineers are responsible for the development and integration of both new and existing avionics and supporting systems. As an Avionics Engineer, you will have, or gain, a thorough understanding of all drone systems, their integration and customization. Your role is multidisciplinary, and you will be working closely with other avionics engineers, as well as with colleagues across a number of functions, including production, design, testing, and operations. Given the frequency of international partnerships, communication skills and foreign language command are both very important, and needless to say the ability to work as part of a team is crucial.
- Installing integrating and servicing avionics communications equipment
- Ensure that newly installed systems and those that have been repaired meet the necessary requirements
- Participate in designing, purchasing, testing and calibrating avionic systems such as computer and electronic communication panels
- Analyze telemetry data and perform hardware and software customizations.
- An accredited degree or postgraduate qualification in Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical or Software Engineering
- Experience in Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical engineering, Avionics design and development or related activities is a plus
- Embedded systems knowledge and software programming skills will be considered a plus
- Еxperience in software testing will be considered as a plus
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Positive attitude and exceptional attention to detail
- Great analytical skills
- Fluency in English, other languages are a plus
- LOTS of opportunities for personal and professional growth, incl. outside of Bulgaria
- TONS of work, ZERO office politics
- Full-time labor contract, motivating remuneration
- Numerous benefits, incl. a training budget, plus a market-leading company travel program
- A chance to define a whole industry
If you’re interested, apply by sending us your CV and Cover Letter. If you’re the candidate we’re looking for, you won’t send us the same Cover Letter you send other companies (we know MS Word has “Find and Replace”). You will, instead, recognize that there’s only three things we care about: 1) Why You? 2) Why Now? 3) What’s the three-digit number corresponding to the number of words in this ad?