Paysafe Group (Paysafe) is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing and online cash solutions.
With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over US $80 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 200 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world.
Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
Visit us at www.paysafe.com.
We are currently looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our Information Security Team in Sofia, Bulgaria
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be supporting the wider Cyber Defence Management team in the delivery of Cyber Security monitoring, response, forensic, threat hunting, intelligence and vulnerability management services. You will be responsible for assessing, recommending, implementing and maintaining tooling, processes and workflows that enable these services to consistently function in optimal state, ensuring Paysafe’s defences are always able to detect and respond the threat actors. Your focus will be on operating vulnerability management, threat intelligence, threat hunting and digital forensics tooling (e.g. Qualys, Splunk, O365, etc.); enhancing Paysafe’s capability to detect, prevent and respond to cyber threat activity.
On a day to day basis you will interact with Security Operations Centre, Cyber Intelligence, Threat Hunt and Forensics staff to design, test, implement, deploys, maintain, review and administer the infrastructure hardware, software and application configuration that are required to effectively and efficiently manage the cyber defence tooling of Paysafe, and where / when required participate in Incident response activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly developing Cyber Defence team and to get hands on experience with multiple cyber security frameworks and tools, as well as the data, applications, infrastructure and networks involved in cyber security.
We are looking for candidates who can work in a global team environment (NA, EU, India), and have some prior experience of working in a web-based application services environment or demonstrate capacity to learn these skills quickly. The candidate should be a fast learner with the ability to refine their skills and contribute towards enabling the Information Security team deliver security automation.
What to expect
- Engage in cyber engineering activities at both the infrastructure, application and configuration layers with various Cyber Defence Management to provision and maintain Cyber Security Tooling that is used for the prevention, detection and response to Cyber events.
- Provide input, help prepare and update a risk prioritised roadmap of cyber defence improvements and operational and tactical levels, developing and maintaining plans for those improvements at the direction of the Cyber Defence team leads.
- At the direction of Cyber Defence teams, conduct engineering activities that allow for the prioritised and on-going prevention and detection of attacks.
- Plan and assist in the build out of tooling, both open source and commercial, that allows for the conduct threat hunting, cyber defence assurance testing, malware reverse engineering, assisting directly in malware and vulnerability research
- Conduct and be responsible for wide ranging Network Security Management activities such that network traffic and activity is adequately and appropriately visualised to identify and remediate threats.
- Understand emerging threats and assist in providing risk reduction strategies
- Clearly communicate findings in written gap analysis, planning and reporting documentation
- Respond to tasking and direction as provided by the his/her manage.
- Support the information security team in its ability to adopt innovative solutions and technology towards delivering a data secure environment both internally and externally
- Support the development of Security Operations Center orchestration to reduce incident detection to response times.
To be successful you need to have
- At least 3+ years of relevant software delivery/network/system automation experience.
- At least 3+ years of experience with the deployment and maintenance of Cyber Security tooling both commercial and open source.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with relevant practical experience.
- Strong team player, self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
- Good understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac OS and
- Ability to script code and organize data so it can be used for security analysis purposes
- Demonstration of knowledge and/or experience in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related work experience
- Knowledge of threat actors and how they utilise their tools, techniques, and procedures, and how cyber defences can be engineered to prevent and detect them
- Broad security engineering experience and/or knowledge of security tooling / approaches to network, operating system, application, public Cloud, containers security
- Knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following technologies: Intrusion Prevention, Web Application Firewall, Vulnerability Management, Red Teaming, Application Security, Cloud Security, Containers Security, Linux, Windows Desktop, Windows Server administration, Routing and Switching
- Experience working with F5, FireEye, Cisco, Palo Alto, Splunk, ELK, MS portfolio, etc. and other open source web technologies
- Ability to recognize problems and exercise their own intuition and judgment to find solutions.
- Strong research background, utilizing an analytical approach
- Knowledge of IDPS, SIEM, Endpoint Security, CASB, and other security tools.
- Willingness to learn and develop in the security field
- Security certification would be considered an advantage (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP)
- Any other technical certification would be considered an advantage
We offer in return
- The opportunity to write the history of a leading and growing multinational company
- Tailor-made training and ongoing development to help you enhance your skills in the field of online payments
- Multiple career progression opportunities in a dynamic in-house business
- Environment where product expertise, professional and personal commitment are rewarded
- Competitive remuneration and social benefits package (25 days annual paid leave, health insurance, sports card, Work Life Coaching Program, team events, company discounts, variety of soft skills, business and technical training programs)
- Fun and collaborative working atmosphere
- One of the top 10 best designed offices in the world
Are you up to the challenge? We are expecting your CV today.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.