You can restart pretty much any device. Also a bank?
Commerzbank is a leading international commercial bank with branches and offices in almost 50 countries. The world is changing, becoming digital, and so are we. We are leaving the traditional bank behind us and we are choosing to move forward as a digital enterprise.
As part of this strategy, Commerzbank is building a new Digital Technology Center in Sofia, Bulgaria. The teams here are focused on development, improvement and support of software solutions which digitalise the business of the bank.
We need talented people who will join us on this journey and right in the beginning we are looking for Software Engineers (Apache Kafka).
Your responsibilities would consist of:
- Participating in the development by using Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect API & Kafka Streams and other related tools;
- Being responsible for an efficient and well performing platform, using Kafka Operators in an OpenShift / MS Azure environment;
- Supporting and maintain the test environment of Apache Kafka;
- Actively monitoring the Apache Kafka platform in test environment.
The skills and experience we would like you to have:
- Previous professional experience with Apache Kafka;
- Meaningful experience with OpenShift containers, preferably in an MS Azure environment;
- Good knowledge of Linux and Shell;
- Knowledge of APIs and Management Platforms;
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented languages (Java);
- Experience with microservices development and design patterns;
- Joy of developing innovative software in an agile team and motivation to learn quickly;
- Ability to write end-to-end tests and debug and optimize existing and new code;
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, team-player attitude and willingness to work in cross-locational and international teams;
- Fluency in English – both written and spoken;
- Fluency in German would be considered an advantage;
- University degree in IT or relevant.
In return, we offer:
- Good work-life balance, including 25 days annual paid leave (increasing with 1 day per year up to 31 in total), flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities;
- Additional health and dental insurance;
- Food vouchers in the amount of 100 BGN monthly;
- 6 days annual sick leave, without the necessity to present an official sick leave sheet;
- Opportunities for long-term professional development in a stable, 150-year-old company while contributing to the vision of a new, just starting Digital Technology Center;
- Friendly and supportive multicultural environment, open to new opinions and ideas.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we are committed to building a workplace where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Challenge accepted? Apply now with your up-to-date CV in English together with a few sentences on why you would like to join Commerzbank on this position!
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.