More about us
Bizportal is a global data mining and analytics solution provider mainly focused on retrieving and aggregating government and open company data. Our mission is to provide accurate and relevant data tailored to the needs of our clients while also developing the first and only government procurement data product designated for investment and credit rating analysis. We strive to accelerate scalability of public sources coverage while also automating data aggregation to reach an ever-evolving level of data analytics and insights.
Founded in 2013 as a local public procurement information portal, Bizportal Limited is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria with permanent US presence in Washington D.C. area. The company has been rapidly developing as a global data vending business, currently operating as a public procurement information provider for large government vendors, leading credit rating agencies and investment professionals in Europe and the United States.
TenderAlpha is our main product providing both advanced analytical solutions for institutional investors and rating agencies in addition to alerts and intelligence services for more traditional corporate use by companies involved in public procurement bidding globally. We cater to different business needs by employing innovation and flexibility to the maximum effect and thus we strive to developer TenderAlpha as the place to go when it comes to global government procurement and the related corporate data.
More about the role
• Building web-crawlers to extract publicly accessible information about private and public
companies worldwide (e.g. company contact info, descriptive, demographic and financial data points)
• Building web-crawlers to extract open government information about public procurement, grants
and other budgetary actions
• Development of high-quality database solutions
• Creating solutions to integrate new data feeds
• Mentoring our more junior team members
• Setting and maintaining code quality and technical standards
• A degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems quickly
• Takes pride in one's work; detail-oriented and thorough
• Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
• Strong communication skills with technical and business teams, both verbally and in writing
• Comfortable working directly with coworkers and stakeholders, understanding and translating
their needs into business reporting
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Experience of collaborative work in an agile environment
• 4+ years experience of software development (Python, Ruby, PHP)
• Preferably experience with scripting languages
• Commitment to testing and fluent in Test-driven development
• Experience of SQL databases
• Strong experience with Data Scraping techniques
• Experience with Data Mining techniques, Elasticsearch, FULLTEXT search techniques, Celery,
Redis, async.io will be considered an advantage
• Interest/Experience in NLP (desirable)
• Very competitive salary depending on experience
• Performance-based annual bonuses
• Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
• Co-funded Multisport card
• Food vouchers
• Flexible working time
• Result-driven career path development
• Involvement in a growing and challenging project with global coverage
• Friendly and inspiring atmosphere
If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
Your application will be reviewed in utmost confidentiality following the General Data Protection Regulation. All personal information will be collected only for the purpose of the job application and will not be shared with anybody else. We process this data for recruitment purposes only.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.