Semantic Data Engineer
Who we are:
Ontotext transforms the way enterprises identify meaning across diverse databases and unstructured data, by combining text mining and machine learning techniques with a semantic graph database. We develop cutting-edge technology products and solutions. We deal with trends like cognitive computing, machine learning and natural language processing, NoSQL databases, to name a few. Our challenge is to make these complex technologies easier to adopt and use at scale. And we are successful!
We are looking for:
Smart and enthusiastic person with data analysis and ETL experience to fill the role of Semantic Data Engineer. We value smart, awesome people who want to solve hard problems in a fun, collaborative and casual environment.
Your Role will include some/all of the following responsibilities depending on your profile and preferences:
- Analyze datasets;
- Data modelling;
- Creating data pipelines for conversion and integration of various datasets to a RDF output;
- Data governance;
- Freedom to use different programming languages to fulfill research tasks;
- We use the following core technology stack:
o Apache Spark/Apache Kafka/TalenD/OpenRefine for ETL pipelines;
o GraphDB a RDF triple store and its query language SPARQL;
o Elasticsearch for text search and aggregations.
- Experience with various kinds of data: CSV, RDBMS, XML and JSON;
- University Degree in Information Technologies, Computer or Library Science;
- Knowledge of some programming or scripting language, e.g. Java, Scala, Python;
- Experience using Version Control Systems;
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly, gain familiarity with new business domains;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with some ETL tool, eg Talend, OpenRefine, Informatica, SQL DTS;
- Experience with declarative XML/database languages like XQuery, XSLT, SQL, SPARQL, R2RML;
- Experience with Database Administration, data analysis or data modeling.
- An interesting and challenging job in an innovative company, a world leader in an expanding technology segment;
- Collaboration with experienced and highly talented software and database developers and architects;
- The chance to participate in the development and delivery of next generation database and search systems;
- Exposure to new technologies, international companies, projects and teams;
- Flexible working time;
- A chance to make a difference.
Want to be part of our ambitious team? Send us a recent CV.
Your application will be treated with respect and confidentiality!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Semantic Data Engineer (Research and Innovation Team).