Research Projects Lead
Who we are:
Ontotext transforms the way enterprises identify meaning across diverse databases and unstructured data, by combining text mining and machine learning techniques with a semantic graph database. We develop cutting-edge technology products and solutions. We deal with trends like cognitive computing, machine learning and natural language processing, NoSQL databases, to name a few. Our challenge is to make these complex technologies easier to adopt and use at scale. And we are successful! T
We are looking for:
Research Projects Lead who will work closely with the Project Manager and the Technical Lead to ensure that research projects are delivered on time and with the required quality. He/she will be preparing project deliverables, in alignment with the project plan and milestones set by the Project Manager and will liaise with partners and funding bodies on all topics related to project execution.
- Developing in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars, such as structure, timeframes, outcomes, commitments, research or innovation topics and agenda etc;
- Conducting research in order to confirm the project scope;
- Defining, scoping, writing, editing and reviewing research project deliverables, in alignment with the Project Manager and the Technical Lead;
- Supporting the Project Manager in breaking projects into doable actions, in setting timeframes and in eliminating blockers. Providing inputs and participating in the preparation of project reports and documentation;
- Working with the Technical Lead to help break down, provide context or describe in more detail particular implementation tasks and actions.
- Communicating with partners/funding bodies on project developments and status. Participating in site visits;
- Contributing to research projects proposal preparation – scoping contributions and work, writing relevant parts of proposals, liaising with proposal partners;
- Understanding formal escalation and review processes.
- Providing support to project managers and business leaders when requested.
- PhD in exact sciences, strong affinity to Data Science
- Profound research experience, preferably in applied research;
- Strong track record of publications on research topics;
- Good understanding of the principles of project management and delivery;
- Programming skills, knowledge of Java or Python will be a strong advantage;
- Ability to dismantle complex tasks into doable actions;
- Ability to establish and maintain a variety of positive and constructive working relationships;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent English.
- An interesting and challenging job in an innovative company, a world leader in an expanding technology segment;
- Collaboration with experienced and highly talented software and database developers and architects;
- The chance to participate in the development and delivery of next generation database and search systems;
- Exposure to new technologies, international companies, projects and teams;
- Flexible working time;
- A chance to make a difference.
Want to be part of our ambitious team? Send us a recent CV.
Your application will be treated with respect and confidentiality!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Research Projects Lead (Research and Innovation Team).