Location: Sofia, BG
|Dept. / Bus. Group||Central and South Eastern Europe|
|Business Unit||Sofia (Bulgaria)|
|Contract Length||06 months|
|Posting End Date||08/07/2018|
The role of the intern is to contribute, as a project team member, to the structuring, implementation and monitoring of debt and equity transactions, and their effective implementation and monitoring in line with the Bank’s operational objectives. The intern will be expected to work on projects in the municipal infrastructure sector, such as investments supporting operations of water utilities, municipalities, and local transport operators in Bulgaria.
The project life-cycle involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
This is a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension for a further 6 months.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker:
1. Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- Take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of all assigned projects, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursements; monitoring of the project implementation progress, financial performance of the client, covenant compliance and identifying and assessing evolving risk factors;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these proposed corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As a project team member perform all such other tasks as may be assigned by the operation leader.
2. Structuring and Execution
- As a project team member contribute to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including working with client counterparts, consultants and other parties to progress the project;
- Be the primary driver of the scope and quality of project due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance;
- Help prepare internal project documentation, including approval project memoranda, financial models, draft term sheets, presentations, etc. as and when required;
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
3. Business Development
- Assist, as required, with marketing and business development efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise are an advantage.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Strong credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, design and use financial models.
- Understanding of local and international accounting principles.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Ability to plan and organise work with little supervision, ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bulgarian.
- Some financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Prior industry/country experience is helpful.
This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Consulting, Bank, Banking, Equity, Credit Analyst, Technology, Finance